POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Palm trees from primatives : Re: Palm trees from primatives Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Palm trees from primatives
From: Wanderer On The Road
Date: 22 Feb 2002 00:42:34
Message: <3c75da4a@news.povray.org>
"bob h" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> "Wanderer On The Road" <non### [at] fakeaddresscom> wrote in message
> >
> > Is that's what is limiting the material map to 8bit color as opposed to
24
> > or 32 bit?
>
> Yep.  That's the downside to this, having to lower a 24 bit image to 8 bit
> and thereby reducing the image quality.  You either get banded colors or
> dithering.
> I was going to use an example which would put the original image
underneath
> a clear material map so just the normals with specular highlights are
> overlayed.  Could still be done that way too I guess, only need a second
> object to place the image_map on.  Can't layer textures when material_map
is
> used, at least I don't think so.

Well actually I was thinking about image_maping the render on to a polygon
and then unioning that to the painter's canvas. Is that the sort of thing
you meant?

> About OE removing messages, check Tools menu, Options then Maintenance.
The
> delete after so many days is what does it.

Done. I'll mess with getting the thread back later.

--
Wanderer On The Road
     Many religions are the story of man trying to reach out to God